Assistant Professor-Community Medicine & SPH (Environment Management)
Community Medicine & SPH (Environment Management)
- PB-3 i.e. Rs.15600-39100/- + Grade Pay Rs. 8,000/- with minimum pay of Rs. 30,000/- (pre-revised) further revised in Pay Matrix (Level-12) with a minimum pay of Rs. 1,01,500/-.
- Educational Qualification:
- 1. Master’s degree (regular course recognised by UGC or equivalent) viz. MA/M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences or Master of Public Health (MPH).2. Ph.D degree in the concerned discipline/subject of an Indian University/Institute or its equivalent Ph.D. degree from a foreign University/Institute recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- 03 years teaching and / or research experience in the discipline/subject concerned after obtaining the Ph.D. Degree. to .
- Age Bar:
- 50 Years as on 06.02.2019 (Last date of receipt of applications).
- Reservation Details:
- Selection Process:
- SELECTION PROCEDURE:-1. The eligible candidates will be called for interview. However, the same would be provisional subject to fulfillment of all requirements failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview.2. The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor would also be required to make a presentation on his/her work/achievements before the selection committee for a duration not exceeding 05 minutes. The presentation should be prepared in the MICROSOFT POWER POINT and should contain information as per proforma given along with the application form. The candidates are also requested to submit the same in a CD at least one day before the interview in the Recruitment Cell, PGIMER, Chandigarh. No other option like PEN DRIVE etc. will be accepted.3. The interview with the Selection Committee is mandatory for which the candidates would have to appear personally. No request for online interview will be accepted.4. The selected candidates will be issued appointment letters. The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit by the PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (NON-MEDICAL)Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh invite applications from Indian Nationals for recruitment of faculty posts in various departments as per details given below:-CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF OFFLINE APPLICATION (HARD COPY) BY HAND/SPEED /REGD. POST IS UPTO 06.02.2019 till 04:00 P.M.DATE FOR DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN RESPECT OF ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE, IF ANY etc. SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF OFFLINE APPLICATION (HARD COPY) i.e. 06.02.2019 till 04:00 P.M.NOTE: FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES CATEGORY (PWD):A total Six (06) posts out of 25 posts of Assistant Professors amongst the Department of Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, TB & Chest Diseases (Pulmonary Medicine), ENT, Urology, ENT (Speech & Hearing), Clinical Psychology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Dentist (As per Dental Council Guidelines) are reserved for Persons with Disabilities. The candidates of PWD category may apply in any of these departments, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility conditions as prescribed for the concerned post. The candidates Selected under PWD category will be adjusted against the vacancy of respective categories of SC/ST/OBC/Unreserved as the case may be.The persons who suffer from not less than 40% of disability will only be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations under PWD category as permissible under the rules.The applicant must have a valid Disability Certificate issued from the competent authority i.e. Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or the State Government. Certificates issued by the Medical Practitioner, Hospital or any other Institution will not be considered.For reservation of Persons With Disabilities, the Government of India has identified the following departments for reservation in Group ‘A’ posts vide notification No.16-15/2010-DD.III, dated 29.07.2013 :-Sr.No. Name of the Specialties Category of PWD No. of Vacancy (A.P)1. Psychiatry OL 012. Radiodiagnosis OL 063. Radiotherapy OL 034. TB & Chest Diseases (Pulmonary Medicine) OL 035. ENT OL 036. Urology OL 027. ENT (Speech & Hearing) OL 018. Clinical Psychology OL 019. Anatomy BLA, OL, OA, OAL 0110. Microbiology BLA, OL, OA, OAL 0111. Dentist OL, HH 03(As per Dental Council Guidelines)Abbreviations:- UR-Unreserved, SC = Scheduled Caste, ST = Scheduled Tribe, OBC = Other Backward Classes, PWD – Persons with Disabilities, BLA = Both Leg and Both Arms affected, OL = One Leg, OA = One Arm, OAL = One Arm and One Leg.The candidates applying under the category of ‘Persons With Disabilities’ for the above said posts are exempted for payment of any application fee.Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the above-noted posts. Candidates are required to apply OFFLINE through the Institute website www.pgimer.edu.in. The candidates should have a valid e-mail ID and Mobile No. which should be kept active during the recruitment process as the Call Letter & other information will be given to them through email/SMS only.Age limit for all posts: upto 50 Years as on 06.02.2019 (Last date of receipt of applications).NOTE:- I. The age relaxation will be given to the candidates as below:-Sr.No. Category Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit1. SC/ST 05 Years2. OBC 03 Years3. PWD 10 Years4. PH + OBC 13 Years5. PH + SC/ST 15 Years6. Government Servant 05 YearsII. The above vacancies are provisional and subject to variation. The Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh reserves the right to vary the number of vacancies in any speciality including reserved vacancies.III. Age and all other qualifications including experience prescribed for the post will be considered as on the last date of receipt of application.BASIC DETAILS:-(i) The Challan form of application form will be available on PGI website from 05.01.2019 to 29.01.2019 (23:59 hours) after which the link will be disabled.(ii) The last date of deposit of application fee in the Bank is 02.02.2019.(iii) The last date of receipt of offline applications (hard copy) in the Recruitment Cell is 06.02.2019 till 04:00 P.M.(iv) Helpline Desks: 0172-2755587 from 0900-1700 hours on working days.HOW TO APPLY:-1. The candidates applying for the post should confirm their eligibility before visiting the website at www.pgimer.edu.in.2. The candidates will first fill (i) Advt. No. (ii) Post Code Number, (iii) category and (iv) date of birth on the website and then take a printout of the application form and challan. The application form is to be filled in by BLUE/BLACK BALL PEN in BLOCK LETTERS.3. The candidates should fill his/her application form available on the PGIMER website. He/She should fill all the fields of the form. No fields should be left blank. After filling application form the candidate should deposit the application fee through challan form (Triplicate) in any branch of SBI.4 Candidates can visit any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER. The account No. of PGIMER for recruitment is 35700657347. The candidates after having deposited the fee in the bank must ensure that they have Triplicate Fee Payment Challan with Journal No./Challan No. given by the bank on it. They should mention this Journal/Challan number on the space provided in the application form and keep this challan form with them for future use.5. The amount of fee to be paid is as under:-Category Total Amount PayableSC/ST Rs 500/-For all others Rs 1000/-For Persons with Disabilities Nil6. Candidates should ensure that the details to be filled in by the State Bank of India officials are filled in complete in all three copies of the challan form along with the seal, challan no. and signature of the Bank Official of the Branch.7. Candidates must note that no other form of payment of application fees like Demand Draft, Banker Cheque, Money Order, Postal order, etc. will be accepted under any circumstances. The PGIMER will not be responsible for any remittance made in any form other than the method prescribed above and such applications without requisite application fee submitted through any other mode except prescribed in column 4 above are likely to be rejected.8. The candidates should ensure that they submit the OFFLINE application immediately after payment of fees. No representation/request/demand for refund of application fees will be entertained as the same is non-refundable.9. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID/ Mobile Number which should be kept active during the recruitment process. The candidates should ensure that the E-mail ID is not shared or mentioned to any other person. It is requested not to use any other persons e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying OFFLINE.10. The candidate is required to clearly mention his Email ID/Mobile Number in the specified column of application form.11. Candidates with valid application shall be issued interview letters. These can be downloaded by the candidates directly from the website by entering their Registration Number/application Number and Date of Birth. Interview letters will be sent by post/ through email ID and the full interview schedule will be available on website also.12. The application alongwith copies of certificates duly attested by the Gazetted Officer in support of educational qualification(s), experience, age/date of birth certificate, caste certificate, No Objection Certificate from the present employer, if employed and one copy of challan form should be sent through registered post or Speed Post or personally only to the Administrative Officer (Recruitment Cell), PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh 160012 so as to reach before 06.02.2019 till 04:00 P.M. The applications received through Courier/Ordinary Postal Dak etc. are not acceptable. The applications received after the due date will not be accepted. The PGIMER will not be responsible for any postal delay.13. All columns of the application are to be filled clearly including the part on the second page. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.14. Decision of the PGIMER, Chandigarh in all matters regarding eligibility for selection would be final and binding on all candidates. No correspondence whatsoever would be entertained by the PGIMER, Chandigarh in this regard.GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:-1. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply much before the closing date and should not wait till the last date.
2. The post(s) is/are whole time and private practice of any kind is prohibited.
3. The selected candidates will be governed by the New Pension Scheme as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division) Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB&PR dated 22.12.2003.
4. Candidates applying under any of the reserved category posts, viz, SC/ST/OBC/OH, will be considered subject to submission of Caste Certificate issued by the appropriate/competent authority on the prescribed format. Caste should be clearly and legibly mentioned in the application form. OBC candidate’s eligibility will be based on the caste(s) borne in the Central List of Government of India. OBC candidate(s) should not belong to Creamy Layer and their sub-caste should match with the entries in Central List of OBC, failing which their candidature will not be considered under any of the applied reserved category post(s).
5. All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of interview. The short-listed candidate(s) based on their submissions, must bring one print out of on-line application and all original certificates viz. (i) 10th class, (ii) essential qualifications and experience(s) (iii) valid caste certificate if applied under SC/ST/OBC/OH category issued by the appropriate/competent authority (iv) No Objection Certificate (if in regular employment in any Govt./Semi Govt./Government Enterprises/Government funded autonomous Institutions) along with a set of self attested photocopy of the said document(s)/certificate(s).
6. The period of experience wherever prescribed shall be counted after obtaining the prescribed qualification.
7. The candidates who are working in Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous Body etc. must submit the “No Objection Certificate” from their present employers alongwith the application.
8. The candidates must ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria and that the particulars furnished by them in the application are correct in all respects. If at any stage it is found that the candidate has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services will be summarily terminated.
9. In case of a candidate applying for more than one post, separate application for each post is required to be submitted.
10. In case the last date of receipt of application is declared a holiday, the last date for receipt of the application will be considered as the next working day.
11. The candidates are advised to visit PGI website regularly for further Instruction, if any.
12. No age relaxation would be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates who apply under UR Category.
13. Category once applied will not be allowed to be changed at the later stage and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
14. The DPGI would be the final authority to take any decision in this regard.
15. The Director PGIMER reserves the right to withdraw any or all the posts without assigning any reason.
16. The courts of Chandigarh only shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to try any dispute with regard to this recruitment.
- Last Date:
- Significant dates:
- Important Link:
Key Skills / Tags
- Assistant Professor Assistant Professors Assistant Professor Professors Prof Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Res PGIMER Chandigarh Punjab Government Govt Community Medicine & SPH (Environment Management) Community Medicine SPH (Environment Management) SPH Environment Management pgimer-chandigarh-jan2019
- Posted On -
- 10 days ago
- Posted by -